Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Vacation Time

Every year in August, we go on a vacation or have a get-together, when our cousins come down for their holidays. Our last vacation was in 2018! We could not go in 2019 due to V's board exams and then 2020 happened. So, it was a really good break and a change to be able to get away for a couple of days to Kodaikanal. 

All tourist spots, except the lake, were closed. So we relaxed in the resort and made use of all the great amenities that they offered. 

Some pictures from the trip
First thing that I noticed was this poinsettia tree. I always thought that they only grew outside India, so was pleasantly surprised to find them here

I was totally in love with these potted beauties that were placed all around the resort. 

Another really pretty wonder of nature

A friend told me later that these were succulents. So beautiful they are

A complete view of the lake from a specific view-point

We stopped over for lunch at a place where these I saw these stone sculptures. Don't they remind you of the dementors in Harry Potter 😁

Now for some stitchy update. 
A quick look at my mandala lotus. ORTS from last month's progress are on the bottom right

These are the YTD ORTS collection

 So, that's the update from me today dear friends. Till next time, stay safe.. be happy.. keep stitching.. Au Revoir

No comments: