Monday, December 18, 2023

About Cyclones, floods and some more

Hola dear friends! It's the last month of the year and time for the final ORTS post of the year!! 

Meanwhile, earlier this month we faced a very bad cyclone, and our city was flooded. There was no power for 4 days and no network too. We were travelling during the 3 days and our return flight was cancelled due to the floods in our city. Finally, we got a flight for a day later. Thankfully, most of the water had drained, but power and network was still patchy. 

Finally, I took the metro to return home from the airport due to poor and flooded roads. Took me back to our Singapore days. Life is now back to normal and we are trying to overcome the trauma and not panic at the slightest mention of rains. We still have some more monsoon left

Moving to stitchy news.. 
..here's a view of the month's ORTs. Lose threads are from the month's stitching and the jar is YTD

..a closer look at the year's ORTs 

..this is the progress on Amma last month. I am loving the progress here

 I am working on a cross stitch journal, trying to capture all the projects I have worked on till date. Hope to make a detailed post on that soon. Till then.. take care friends.. be happy.. keep stitching.. Au Revoir

2 comments:

diamondc said...

Hello Akila: Just found your site, so sorry to hear you had floods, I hope all is better soon.
I hope that you have no more floods.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gosh, that was dramatic! We've had high winds in England recently but no cyclones.
I lived in Singapore for a couple of years when I was very young. My Dad was in the army there, working in the Signals Regiment so he did things like air traffic control.