Monday, March 28, 2011

A new arrival!!

Guess what, we have a new arrival in the family. My sister-in-law gave birth to a beautiful little girl on the 20th March early morning!!! Am I a happy aunt now :d:d:d. Well, we are not allowed to take any pictures of the baby till she's atleast 45 days old. So, can't share any pictures now

I did catch up on some crafts last weekend. First some new baking.
I tried my hand at eggless marble cake. I used my regular eggless sponge cake recipe by Nita Mehta for this. Vaishnavi helped me with the "marbling" effect :d
And it came out real yumm. I added some walnuts too for a change

On the beading front...


This is a new set I made.. well for myself!!! Like hubby says "If you do everything for yourself, do you plan to sell anything at all"??!! Good question, ain't it? Hehe. But I sooo love this!!!

But then, these days many of my aunts are coming to me to string something for them. I think that is great progress, right?


And yes, I do have a stitchy update too!!

I admit, the progress is a teeny weeny bit. But of late I've not been able to put in a stitch a day :( Anyway, am happy with atleast this much progress definitely. I plan to gift this to somebody, still thinking whom to :)

Tried my hand at changing the format by including the images on the sides. For some reason, there were too many gaps between each image and the next line once I published!! So, am reverting back to my original format

So that's all from me for now. Till my next update.. Take care.. Keep stitching.. Be happy.. Au Revoir :)

2 comments:

Meari said...

Beautiful jewelry, and the cake does look yummy!

Some progress on your WIP is better than none. Stitch-by-stitch. :)

Nima said...

Lovely jewellery Akila