Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas

Wishing all my dear friends here a very Merry Christmas

I am part of this group on FB called the Home Baker's Guild (HBG in short). The group has a whole lot of lovely people baking from home and willing to share their experiences and guide novices like me as we travel the baking journey. All my recent baking has been majorly inspired by the lovely people here.

And here's some more baking that I tried inspired by the beautiful Christmas baking. First off is the snow ball cookies aka melting moments
This was so super easy to make and the result is just absolutely awesome. I am definitely going to bake more of these. The recipe source is here

I also made a maiden attempt at a Christmas fruit cake.

I brought some of this to work and the pieces just vanished within minutes. I cut down the sugar by half a cup and I thought it was good. The link to the recipe is here. Both the recipes are eggless and very easy.

It's a great pleasure sharing our joy with everybody and looking at other's faces isn't it? Baking and crafting just makes us so much more generous. I have absolutely started enjoying baking and beading for friends and family. Gives us a feeling of total satisfaction.

Though I do not have a stitchy progress picture to share with you all yet, I have definitely started working in seashells again. And I promise to show a picture of my progress in my last post for the year

Oops, I missed my bloggoversary again!! Dec is my bloggoversary month and thanks to all my lovely friends here I have completed 5 whole years of blogging!!! I cannot believe it myself that it's been 5 years now since I started the blog and along the way I've made so many new friends, learnt so many new ways and the blog world has made me a much more confident crafter. Thank you all again my dear friends for guiding me and keeping me motivated. Hope to know more and more people and learn much more.

With that note of thanks I sign off today. Till next time.. Take care.. Be happy.. Keep stitching.. Au Revoir

2 comments:

Meari said...

I'm not a fan of fruit cake, but those snowball cookies look scrumptious!

Happy Blogversary! Hard to believe it's been 5 years.

diamondc said...

Happy Blogaversary, I love the cookies, they look yummy.

Catherine