Monday, March 30, 2015

Start of summer vacations - 2015

Oh my god, end of another academic year!! I know, each year it's the same reaction, very cliche.. but it really feels like I just got the new books and uniforms for last year

I always feel as excited as V does when it's vacation time for many reasons:

1. I get to re-live my own vacation through hers
2. I get to sleep for a little longer in the morning (if only for an hour more)
3. The air is generally very relaxed during vacations - no early morning rush

CBSE board have been following this crazy system the past 2 years - close school for 10 days after the final examination, then re-open school to kick start the next academic year and close again for the whole of May, which is the actual vacation. School then re-opens in the 1st week of June. I have been trying to understand the logic behind this crazy system ever since, but have not been able to understand. Anyway, V is done with class 5 and is on vacation for 2 weeks. Then there's school again all of April!! We are enjoying the brief 2-week vacation now before she starts off her next academic year

Summer is synonymous with beaches and cold desserts and all things fun. That's precisely what we have been doing the past week. We kick-started the vacation with a visit to the beach with cousins


V bought a new bi-cycle for herself. Yes, for herself, because she bought this with her own pocket money that she's been saving up for over a year.

I took a ride on it.. rode a bi-cycle after years.
What a wonderful feeling.. one of freedom and liberation.. I have always loved to ride a bi-cycle.

We kick started the vacation with this cheese cake

It's a dulche-de-leche cheese cake topped with carrot halwa, home-made caramel sauce and butterscotch.

I do not have a stitchy picture today to share. Will share my progress next week

Till next time.. Take care.. Be happy.. Keep stitching.. Au Revoir


1 comment:

Meari said...

Kudos to V for getting a new bicycle! She must be very proud of herself.

Ahhh... summer vacations... to be a kid again. :)