The first is a healthy fruity semolina bread that I tried
I got this recipe from a facebook group called Homebaker's Guild. This is a heavy bread with the goodness of fruit and nuts, semolina, coconut flour.
Here's the recipe:
Ingredients: All Purpose Flour - 1 cup; Semolina (Sooji)- 1 cup; Coconut Flour - 1/2 cup; Whole Wheat Flour - 1-1/2 cups; Baking Soda - 1-1/2 tsp; Salt - 1 tsp; Goji Berries - 1/4 cup; Dried Cranberries - 1/4 cup; Crushed Almonds - 1/4 cup; Honey - 1/4 cup; Eggs - 2 (I used buttermilk instead); Melted Butter - 1/4 cup (I used olive oil); Yogurt (Dahi) - 2-1/2 cups; Beetroot Pulp - 1/4 cup
1. In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients and fruits. (1-9)
2. In another bowl mix together all the wet ingredients. (10-14)
3. Mix the two together into a nice ball of dough.
4. Form a rough ball of dough and place in a Dutch oven/ Ceramic pot / Earthern Pot (mitti).
5. Optional step - Put a cross on it with a knife.
6. Bake covered with aluminum foil in a pre heated oven at 220 degrees C for 20 mins. Then uncover it and bake for another
20-25 mins. Check your loaf and bake accroding to your oven.
7. Cool it and dig in!
1. If you don't have coconut flour, use dessicated coconut or whole wheat flour
2. Replace eggs with 1 banana for a sweet version or 3/4 cup of buttermilk (milk + vinegar)
3. Replace beetroot with spinach or carrot
Being summer in this part of the globe, next is a summer cooler. I have been wanting to try my hand at veggie juices/coolers
Here's a cucumber-lemon-mint cooler with no sugar. Just blend all the ingredients with a tsp of honey and serve chilled.. as simple as that!!
Do try these and hope you like them. That's all today folks.. will be back soon with more recipes and stitchy updates.
Till then.. take care.. be happy.. keep stitching.. Au Revoir!!