Thursday, July 18, 2019

3rd Post in 7 Months!!

Hope this post finds all my dear crafting, blogging friends in great health and happiness

It's almost end of the 7th month and this is only my 3rd post of the year!! Earlier I used to post using my office laptop, simply because I was too lazy to open up my personal one after reaching home. Now, there has been a change in the company's policy, and access has been restricted to all sites even when we are out of office network. This is one of the main reasons that I have not been able to post as regularly. Also, the blogger app is not updated for iPhone or iPad - has others noticed it?

Of late my taste has moved away from chocolate and I have been wanting to try new flavours. Here are some of the new recipes I tried recently

During our trip to Dubai last year, we had bought some dried lavender. I finally took it out from hibernation and used (only a tsp) in this lavender cake with lemon drizzle

Here's a link to the original recipe - https://www.peacefuldumpling.com/recipe/vegan-lavender-cake-lemon-drizzle

Lavender Cake with Lemon Drizzle

Last year when my brother and family came for a holiday from the USA, I had ordered some Hershey's cinnamon chips

Baked cinnamon muffins with cinnamon chips. I got this recipe from a baker's group in FB.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/homebakersguild/permalink/2016950071680483/

I replaced egg with flaxseed powder
Cinnamon Muffin with Cinnamon chips

Here's a picture of Summer Iris - I am loving how it's shaping up


I am still thinking about how I am going to finish this. Hope to finish this up in a month at least

That's the crafty update today from me friends. Till next time.. take care.. be happy.. keep stitching.. au revoir

2 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely interesting post ,nice stitching.

Meari said...

Akila,

Your baked goodies look so good!
Looking forward to seeing Summer Iris finished.