Saturday, November 26, 2022

A sweet, a cookie and some stitching

Hola, dear friends! Being Thanksgiving weekend, I want to start this post by saying a huge thank you to all my virtual friends here, who have kept me going and motivated me to keep posting! 

Recently my cousin had come from Australia and had bought an insta pot for her sister. Her sister did not want it and asked me if I wished to buy it at a lesser price. Of course, I grabbed it with both hands! Now, the insta pot was sitting pretty like a dinosaur in the room, both of us staring at each other. I would google easy desserts and then say 'ok, I will make this soon'
Finally, last week I took the leap and made moong dal halwa/Ashoka. It turned out absolutely divine and even the method was quite simple. Recipe source - https://myheartbeets.com/instant-pot-moong-dal-halwa/#wprm-recipe-video-container-15021

It's the season of cookies and baking
My first bake for the season is a very chewy eggless oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. I had saved this recipe several years ago in one of my FB baking groups

I have been able to make some progress on Mystery project too, amidst all the other activities 
Here's a pic of where I am at currently at page #6. On the side are all ORTS from last month's stitching

 So, dear friends, that's the update for today. Till next time.. Take care.. Be happy.. Keep sticthing.. Au Revoir!

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I do enjoy a good dessert! That's the theme of my Advent Calendar this year too.