Sunday, May 12, 2024

Of Travels and Weddings


Hola dear friends, it's been 2 months since my last post! Sooo much has happened since my last post

April has been a month of weddings and travels. There were 2 weddings and 3 trips. I am going to walk you through the last 2 months in pictures as, otherwise this post would probably be my longest one ever 😀

We started the month by a trip to Amritapuri with my aunt. This time I decided to work from Amritapuri and not take leaves. After more than 5 years, we also took the train while going instead of flying. We were pleasantly surprised that there have been a lot of changes in the railway stations. I realised how much I missed an overnight train travel. This was fun and should definitely do this more often

Now here are some pictures

A snap of the backwaters from over the AmritaSetu bridge

Despite the heat, the breeze actually made it very pleasant to enjoy the view from atop the bridge

Next trip was to Kancheepuram, which is about 3 hours from Chennai. It was a day trip, we left early morning and were back by 10pm . The day was quite tiring but was quite a fulfilling day. Last time I went there was before COVID!

This is a picture of the mandapam in Kamakshi temple

Had to recreate this memory 

A view of all the gopurams together

Then we had our LokSabha elections too this month and I am glad that I fulfilled my responsibility as a citizen

Next trip was one to Bangalore to attend my boss's son's wedding. My boss now, is one of my first managers. He was my first project manager since 1998 till 2001. After I moved to a few other teams and rejoined this team, he's now my boss again since 2014!  Here are a few pictures from the wedding and the trip
Taken at the reception 

In front of the bull temple in Bangalore

Look at the beautiful fresh colourful flowers at the market 

Amazing how many dosas he could carry at a time!!

That sums up my April dear friends. Amidst all this, I stitched just a little bit and making some progress on Amma
Here's where She is now! Doesn't she look awesome!

Here's a view of the ORTS from last 2 month's stitching

So, dear friends that's allll that has been happening at my end of the universe. Till next time.. take care.. be happy.. keep stitching.. Au Revoir!! 

No comments: