Monday, July 2, 2018

Some Beading & What's next

After a long time V and I had a marathon beading session over the weekend!! My beads stash is much bigger than my cross stitch stash and I have been wanting to get cracking on them for eons now, so finally got down to actually doing it

Here's what we did
This one is a gift for a very dear friend



This is V's bracelet and ear-ring set


I am really happy about the way they all turned out!!

My first choice for next project was this kit below which I bought in 2001 during my first ever trip to the USA. I picked this up several times only to put it back safely
The black background is all completely stitched and not black cloth! When I opened the kit, I only saw the black threads required for the background and all the other threads missing!! Then I remembered that during one of the times I 'picked up' this kit for stitching I sorted out the threads and out them 'safely' in an envelope. Now I am unable to find that envelope, it's really safe even from me!!! I turned my craft chest upside down and found several things that I did not even know I had stored in there, making me highly nostalgic!!

So, after a whole lot of rummaging through my patterns library, books and pinterest I have finally zeroed in on my next project

It's going to be this simple rose pattern that I got from Pinterest
I do not have the shades of blue called for in the pattern. So, I am replacing all the blue with shades of red. This is the first time I am ever making such a huge change and deciding on colors myself!! Hope it works out well. This is also going to be a gift to one of my cousins, so fingers crossed that I am able to finish this in a timely manner and the colors work well

That's it from me today friends. Till next time.. take care.. be happy.. keep stitching.. Au Revoir!!

No comments: