Thursday, July 2, 2020

A Finish..

..Yes, here's my next finish in 2020!!

This project is the closest to my heart. I have been wanting to stitch a portrait of Amma for a very long time now. That is still some time away. So, while I work on kicking that off, here's a starter.
This is Amma's official logo and I have had my eye on this for a while now too. About 2 years ago, I tried several online pattern generators and selected one that worked. But, I never actually started working on it. Now, I wanted to start fresh. So, again I generated several patterns and found one that I thought was closest. Though the pattern suggested many colours, I worked only with 2 - blue and red. 
I strongly believe that everything fell in place for this project this time. The fabric is a gift from my dear friend Meari (who blogs here). It has very pretty pink flowers in the background. I think that was just perfect for Amma


Next up is a Lizzie Kate pattern - Snowy Day. This is a part of 6 fat men series, but I am just going to stitch this one up
I love snowy, christmasy patterns, and this will be my first of a festive pattern


I have it all kitted up. I am going to use 14ct aida for this, as I do not have the right shade of linen with me in my stash. I am going to use the anchor threads from my stash. I know that this will not have the same result as WDW ones, but I am not sure when I will be able to get any threads ordered from the USA. I am totally impatient to start stitching this up

So, that's from me today dear friends. Do stay safe.. be happy.. keep stitching.. Au Revoir!


No comments: