Monday, February 23, 2009

Here I am...

With my first finish for 2009 !!! Wish it were the peacock, but no. I tried my hand at a napkin this time. In fact, this is my first finish in over 2 years!!! But something is wrong with this!!!



I am not completely sure what is wrong with this, though. Maybe it needs some backstitching to highlight? Did I chose the wrong shades of thread? I just ran through my stash of threads and mixed 2 shades of rose. I used 2 strands, so 1 strand of a light rose and another of a slightly darker shade. Got this design from the book "Cross stitch silhouettes". Please do give your feedback as comments, as that would definitely help me with future projects.

The peacock is currently sitting pretty where it is :(. Don't feel like touching it right now. So, looking for some 3 dimensional project, something like a scissor fob. But then, can somebody please tell me, what do you use to stuff inside a scissor fob?

My list for hubby dear is almost done ;). Hope to place my orders (on the net) by this weekend. And it definitely does not end there, am sending him personally to some stores to buy some more stuff :d

2 comments:

Meari said...

Congrats on your first finish. Are you doing a set of napkins?

Toast Troll said...

Congratulations! I think the design looks just fine with the colors you stitched with. :)