Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Some baking, some beading and some stitching...

Hello friends, here I am with my weekly update. I have realized it's much more fun to provide an update in the beginning of a week s as soo much has happened over the weekend. So, here I go...

But then the weekend was mostly an @ home weekend. We hardly stepped out except to pop into mom's place for a while. But quite a bit of crafting/hobbying happened. Should I say any more to understand that it was a great weekend?

Firstly, my cousin and I decided to try our hand at baking a new recipe - a mango cake. But then we have these scheduled power failures, in Chennai now, from 2-4pm daily!! So we had to time it accordingly. I put the cake in to bake and when there was still about 10 minutes to go for the cake to finish, boom went the power!!! Could there have been a worse thing to happen for a cake?!

Finally, though the cake was not un-cooked, it was still a little sticky than fluffly. I assume it was to do with the power cut. Any other thoughts to that?
This was the final cake, does it not look yummy..

It really was. The recipe that I used is here. I substituted the eggs with 2 cups of milk.With all the sugar and the mango, I thought it was a little too sweet. Am definitely going to try this again, and time it better around the power cut :)

Then there was some beading too for V.




When we started, I was actually in no mood to bead. But V's enthu' for some activity rubbed off on me and we ended up with this cute set. V picked up the center piece used as 'pendant', she wanted some pink and some glitter.. so here is the end product.


I made a dish called Pesarattu for dinner. This is basically a type of pancake made with green gram and rice. 

The best accompaniment is a dollop of butter, but as there was none at home, I had it with jaggery.

I am almost done with March, but am going to show it to you only on finish...

So, dear friends, with that I take leave today. Till my next update.. Take care.. Be happy.. Keep stitching.. Au Revoir

3 comments:

Meari said...

Yummy looking dishes. If you subbed milk for eggs, that could be the reason the cake was flat (and probably dense).

Anonymous said...

Hello

Delicious looking cooking!
have a great week.

Melissa said...

Hi Akila! I'm a new follower :)

I have GOT to say the food looks absolutely DELICIOUS! I'm going to try the mango cake this weekend :)

Happy Stitching!!