Friday, January 18, 2013

Candies anyone??

Pongal just went by. For some reason this year I was not in the mood to put an elaborate rangoli, like every year. Usually we (in the apartment), would start rangolis outside our respective flats around 10pm on Bhogi and finish only by about 1am the next day, amidst lots of chatting. A very noisy night it would be, but great fun.
This year, not much of it though. So, I gave the entire task of rangoli to V.


She was absolutely thrilled. I just helped her with putting the basic kolam and she did the coloring.

The next new recipe I tried this time was a salted caramel. I have this great weakness for anything chewy, fudgy.. I also bought a candy thermometer last year, which I have been meaning to use much earlier. Well, time did come finally last week.
The caramels came out soooo well. Even my dad, who has NEVER admitted to any dish being tasty, said it tasted like parry's eclairs!!! Yay for that

August is coming out quite fast. I will post a picture very soon, when it is complete.

Till then my dear friends.. Take care.. Be happy.. Keep stitching.. Au Revoir

No comments: