Monday, January 21, 2013

Savory Bread

I am on a roll baking of late. I got this recipe to make savory muffins from a friend, and eggless too, and I had to try this right away!!



The recipe is here. I used whole wheat flour and skipped the buillion powder. We had this on Sunday for breakfast. V and I had it with some curd and it was absolute yumm.

A friend who visited my dad bought a whole lot oranges. So, I decided to bake these orange-chocolate muffins.

The whole house smelt absolutely divine when this was being baked, so yummy citrus-y!! V could not wait till it cooled and had one while it was still warm. Her reaction was the best reward.

I am planning to invest in a cutter for cutting felt. The model of cutter I found on amazon is this

This is a fiskars one, Fiskars 9521 45mm Contour Rotary Cutter.

Are there other models which are more appropriate to use for cutting felt? The purpose is to be able to use felt to mount finished projects. I have seen others have cut out felt in wavy patterns. Should I also order different blades to be able to do that? Need your help please

On the stitchy end, here is where I am currently with August

I have replaced the red with orange. Will give the exact shade details in my next post. Am planning to frog out the red's in the flowers also and use orange instead. The cottages have given me a lot of confidence to play around and experiment. I would never have been able to go out of my comfort zone had it not been for you all. Thank you all dear friends, for your constant support :)

With this I wind up for the day. Till next time.. Take care.. Be happy.. Keep stitching.. Au Revoir

2 comments:

Meari said...

I have a fiskers cutter similar to the one in the photo. I also have the wavy cutter that I've only used once. I don't use a rotary cutter much overall. (I'm not very good with using it)

Vivian said...

This would be perfect in cutting felt. I have never heard of a wavy cutter before. The blades are expensive to replace though and I think with felt you will have to replace them more often. You can always get them at JoAnne Fabrics with a coupon (40% off).