Sunday, January 18, 2009

The weekend

Was just too good. Wish it had lasted a bit longer. My weekend started on Friday with a trip to Prashanthi (a saree store), where MIL had been wanting to go for ages. But the collection was very disappointing. MIL did manage to find a saree she liked, proving she's my MIL ;) !!! She left on saturday afternoon, back to her routine, and we were back to just the 2 of us.



So, I decided to make something nice at my mom's place. It's too boring to cook for just the 2 of us. Made chapathis and Mutter Paneer for dinner and back home.

Sunday morning was the much awaited trip to the annual book fair. Vaishnavi has been wanting some books on Lord Krishna.

These are the books that we bought for her at the fair. Boy, was she delighted. She slept with these books by her side last night. And in the morning, she kept them carefully so that she could "read" it tonight!!!

I decided to try something interesting, but at the same time simple, no hassles. So looked around and found some slices of bread, a carrot and pizza cheese. So, made breadizza!!!

There it is, in the making. The bread is whole wheat bread, so not very un-healthy(?).

And now finally, my progress on the peacock. With so much happening, I did manage to do some stitching on saturday night.


Sat up till about 2am (Sunday morning) stitching. Am I crazy to be doing this? Maybe I am, but I need some time to stitch and this is the best time. SATC (Sex and the city) kept me company for a while, after which a hindi movie (Jaanam samjha karo, UGH!!!!!) kept me company. This is definitely not the best movie to be watching. But I needed some sound.

I realized that I never shared with you what the peacock would finally look like.

Here it is. I scanned this picture directly from the book, unlike my others, which I shoot with my handycam. Am sure you can make out the difference in the clarity.

Wow, that's a long post. Have a great stitchy week ahead!!! :)

1 comment:

Chiloe said...

Nice progress ;-) We all need a good movie to keep us company while we stitch ;-)

Nice food too ;-)